All Office 2003 programs crash

Myles 14:54 03 Jul 2006

I HAVE JUST INSTALLED OFFICE 2003 ON A NEW COMPUTER, SOMETIMES IT WILL WORK BUT OFTEN NONE OF THE PROGRAMS WILL LOAD, A MESSAGE COMES UP STATING THE PROGRAM HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND MUST CLOSE. OFFICE IS INSTALLED ON A SECOND HARD DRIVE IN MY MACHINE, SOMETIMES WHEN I CLICK A SHORTCUT TO A PARTICULAR DOCUMENT IT STATES THE PATH CANNOT BE FOUND, ALTHOUGH IF I GO INTO MY COMPUTER THE DOCUMENT IS THERE, OTHER TIMES EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECTLY, ANY IDEAS?

Cuddles 16:47 03 Jul 2006

Have you tried the repair option in Office? comes under Help "detect and repair"

Myles 17:14 03 Jul 2006

YES, I HAVE TRIED THE REPAIR OPTION AND EVERYTHING DOES WORK OKAY IMMEDIATELY AFTER THAT, BUT AFTER A FEW TIMES THE SAME PROBLEM REOCCURS

Diversion 22:00 03 Jul 2006

I have done this in the past, I saved all my work to a file folder in My Documents and every so often copy the contents of the file folder to a backup location. But I still kept all my work on C: drive in My Documents, mine worked fine doing it that way. I hope this helps.

ade.h 22:07 03 Jul 2006

If the problem returns after each repair, then it's possible that the root cause lies somewhere in else your system - something that is causing a conflict.

And could you stop with the SHOUTING? It's aggressive and harder to read.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone