All my pictures look yellow !

Maiden. 11:37 30 May 2008

Bit of an irritating problem, this one - hope someone can help.

I have a lot of photos taken with my digital camera stored on my PC. I use Picassa to view them and they look great. Printing them out is fine too.

However, if I go to the folder on my HD where the pictures are stored and click them directly (bringing up the Microsoft Picture Viewer), every picture looks like it has a yellow-ish cast over it - seems to be on the background of the viewer too. Any help on how I can correct this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jak_1 11:58 30 May 2008

There is little you can do with windows own picture viewer. As you have noticed you get a better quality with a 3rd party program.
Irfanview is an exelent graphics program that allows you to edit your pics with ease, best of all it's free.

click here

TheAtheist 11:59 30 May 2008

Is it just a particular set of photos or is any photo?

Maiden. 12:13 30 May 2008

Thanks both

Happens with any photo, taken with camera or downloaded so its definately MS viewer rather than the pics themselves.

Looks like I'll stear clear of using it and I will have a look at Irfanview.

TheAtheist 12:32 30 May 2008

That's weird. Never heard that happening before. I would be suspicious of the camera, PC monitor or graphics card.

Ditch999 13:08 30 May 2008

Its probably to do with your colour profile. Change it to Adobe RGB1998.
Go to Display>Settings>Advanced>Color Management>click Add>Select AdobeRGB1998>click Set as Default> OK to exit. Then open a photo to see if its back to normal.

woodchip 14:28 30 May 2008

You need to check settings in Microsoft Picture Viewer, as everything else is OK. It may be filter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?