on all my downloads I get exe error messages

jamc48 21:00 18 Aug 2013

I can't run reg cure pro, I get regcurepro.exe is not a valid Win32 application. I am trying now to reinstall microsoft trend titanium via usd/cd & get error that the exe file is not a valid Win32 application.

lotvic 21:56 18 Aug 2013

Actually I'm pleased you can't run Regcure as it is a scam program and will mess up the registry of your pc. (do a google search and you will see all the complaints) My advice is to get rid of it and any other Pareto Logic programs and attempt to get your money back (don't rate your chances though).

Can you tell us more about the problems you have with your pc that made you try to fix it? also if it is XP or Vista or W7. The more detail the better.

You could try doing a system restore back to a date before you had problems.

rdave13 22:28 18 Aug 2013

I'm with lotvic here. Reg Cure has knackered your machine. Ask for a refund.

As you've not posted your OS then I can only suggest running the system file checker about three times. Will take some time to repair the integrity of the OS if it can.

jamc48 19:26 19 Aug 2013

I am using Windows 7 on my HP laptop. I am having problems & my computer knowledge is basic. I can't install my virus protection, Micro Titanium Trend, I get error that exe file is not a vaid Win32 application. I am unable to make changes to users on laptop, click on add change person & nothing happens, I have tried on all members on laptop. I download a microsoft fix & got an error that administrator has blocked this operation--or something to that affect.

lotvic 20:38 19 Aug 2013

I suggest you Run the SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 7 to try to repair the files that are messed up. For howto: sevenforums.com/tutorials ClickHere

Secret-Squirrel 08:33 20 Aug 2013

jamc48, if you're unable to launch System Restore or SFC (because you can't run any programs), and this problem's relatively recent, then running the version of System Restore that runs outside of the Windows environment may help:

Turn the laptop on and immediately start tapping the F8 key quickly until you see this screen. Using the arrow keys on the keyboard, select "Repair your computer" then hit the Enter key to confirm your selection. Follow the on-screen prompts until you get to this screen. Using the mouse, click on "System Restore" (second option from the top) and choose an available restore point that pre-dates the start of this problem. Don't go further back than you need to. It's worth mentioning that this won't affect your personal data such as photos, e-mails or other documents.

Please remember to return with some feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Comment créer un compte PayPal pour payer en ligne ?