All I have is boxes, not words.

Thomas71 11:53 19 Dec 2009

I noticed yesterday that my incredimail 2 is not loading up properly. The top of the page that has all the options, such as send/receive and delete, has small boxes where the words should be. This is also the case for the add attachment/picture line. When I use it the boxes are all over the place where words should be. One the page, not what I type.

I have shut down and come back to it today, but it's still the same! I have also found that the same boxes now appear on my Photoshop toolbar!

Any ideas?

Thanks.

palinka 12:47 19 Dec 2009

Somewhere there is an option to have words as well as boxes/icons, so the change you've noticed is probably the result of accidentally changing the option.
Try this : Right click in a space among/at the end of the toolbar containing those boxes the right those boxes and choose "customise". Then in "Text options" (bottom left) choose "show text options".

Thomas71 10:24 20 Dec 2009

Thanks for the reply.

All I have in Incredimail when I do as you say is customise columns, and there is no text options there.

I have also looked at my listing factory program and this is the same! I'm guessing it's got to be a problem with my system to effect more than one program.

VoG II 10:48 20 Dec 2009

Have you deleted any fonts (especially system fonts)?

Thomas71 11:02 20 Dec 2009

Not that I know of!! How would I know if this is the case, and how would I restore them?

Thanks.

VoG II 11:04 20 Dec 2009

Which version of Windows?

Thomas71 11:09 20 Dec 2009

Windows XP

VoG II 11:12 20 Dec 2009

Try this click here

Thomas71 11:46 02 Jan 2010

I have looked at the link, and done what it says, thanks. But as far as I can see I don't have a missing font.

Another thing that I now know but never before is, when my son logs on under his user settings, every thing is fine with all the text present!

Any more ideas?

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017