ALERT Internet address.....

curlylad 09:51 15 May 2003

I wonder if any one can help me , firstly i know virtualy nothing about computers so my question may have an obvious answer to most of you.
Whilst visiting a web site a few nights ago a window appeared on my screen with the heading ALERT DETECTED INTERNET ADDRESS is attempting to access your personal data etc etc .This alert also gave me the 4 part , 10 digit number of the attempted infiltrator , what do i do ? at the time i just logged off and haven't seen that screen since but it is still worrying me , and i of course have written down the 10 digit number , please advise.

VoG™ 09:56 15 May 2003

It is trying to scare you into buying something. Assuming that you have up to date anti-virus, and preferably a firewall, you have nothing to worry about.

rawprawn 10:17 15 May 2003

VoG is right it's just a way of grabbing attention. There are plenty of free firewalls % antivrus products available if you haven't got one get one asap

-pops- 11:32 15 May 2003

If you tap the number into click here you can find out who it refers to. Don't be surprised if its the same ID of the person/site that is sending you the original message.

As has been wisely said, don't take notice of it. It's an advert to try and get you to part with your money when all the things it claims to cure can be cured for free.

curlylad 13:02 15 May 2003

Thanks VoG , rawprawn , and espescially -pops-.
I do , after checking , know that I have up to date anti virus and firewall .I've found out , due to -pops- advice , who the culprit was and have sent them an e-mail asking them politely to send there spam elsewhere in future . Thanks again all for the advice , my mind is now at rest .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?