aldi medion pc

lindamay 19:48 25 Mar 2004

aldi stores have an offer from april 1st
on a medion pc is this a good spec for the price ?
or can anyone suggest a better buy.

thanks lindamay

TommyRed 21:29 25 Mar 2004

bump

Giggle n' Bits 22:14 25 Mar 2004

Ok if you dont mind intergrated german components,
factory restore CD
mass produced production line - Toffee

Giggle n' Bits 22:19 25 Mar 2004

A better buy will come at a higher price then its the fiance of buy is viable.

there is most likley going to be a lot of software that you will find in a Aldi or mass produced build that would not be of any use to you. And this would be extra in the price (hidden).
a local custom built machine with local support and sensible support costing etc.
A lot of people have asked the same question in the last 12 months regarding Medion built machines.

Bagsey 22:57 25 Mar 2004

On face value it isa a good spec but when things go wrong and you need support YUCK.

Giggle n' Bits 23:04 25 Mar 2004

its a good spec "On Paper" but when things go wrong then support can be difficult.

The Medion machines a very claustrophobic inside and internal repairs out of warranty are expensive also the parts are not a uk standard.

dave h 11:15 26 Mar 2004

Bought mine the last but one time it was on offer (as did my Son) and they are both still working well.

Check the spec/price against the same spec from other manufactureres...there will be a large difference.

I have several other 'Medion ' products and they are still going strong...

UK support is at Swindon.

ZnO 11:25 26 Mar 2004

yes brought my Medion two years ago no problems what so ever outstanding machine .

TBH1 11:33 26 Mar 2004

this machine a 'tad' better than their November offer - - -and £100 cheaper. Worth a look at the aldi site for other 'odds and sods' on offer next week.click here
Worth a look at the full spec of this machine, link supplid via consumerwatch next door.click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:28 26 Mar 2004

There is a lot of rubbish being spouted here especially by Nite~Star. The Medion, of which I have one, is a superb piece of kit. It has a Sony DVD ROM and Pioneer DVD writer, AMD 3200, 512mb of RAM and a geforce 256mb card and most of the other components are from well-known makers.

I seem to recall that there was a thread about self-build vs Medion and IIRC buying the Medion worked out at the same price as building a similar home build.

I have looked inside the case and yes, it is a bit cramped but nothing too difficult and in reality, how many people are going to be ripping open the case and modding like hell. It amy come as a shock to some but there are the vast majority of computer users that just want a machine to run and mainly do word-processing and digi-pics....shock, horror!

lindamay, do not listen to those who have never had a Medion or who are modding uber-geeks. The Medion is an excellent buy and judging by the queues whenever Aldi/Lidl are flogging them, they are a superb buy.

G

ZnO 18:28 26 Mar 2004

:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?