ALDI LAPTOP

freddy-firecracker 21:37 07 May 2007

Hi

Aldi are selling a laptop from 10th May. I think it is a good deal. Can anyone recommend the PC as i think it will be good for the internet, music and office stuff. Also can anyone suggest a reliable modem/router that would work with the laptop??
I have bought medion in the past ableit under the cybermaxx logo and never had any real problems.

Thanks

FF

FatboySlim71 21:39 07 May 2007

Can you provide a link so that I can see the specs for the laptop that you are mentioning.

woodchip 21:42 07 May 2007
  FatboySlim71 21:43 07 May 2007

As far as a modem router, I use the Netgear DG 834 G, it is a wireless modem router but I have it connected to my pc via an Ethernet cable. I can highly recommend the Netgear DG 834G, its an excellent piece of kit.

FatboySlim71 21:53 07 May 2007

I think the laptop will be more than adequte for your use's freddy-firecracker. I also see from the specs that it has a Ethernet 10/100Mbit/s on board and it also has wireless internet as well, so you would have the option to use one or the other if you purchased the Netgear DG 834 G or a similar model, i.e wireless internet or the Netgear could be connected up the same way as mine by use of an Ethernet cable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?