Akamai Netsession Interface Permanent Removal Solution

onyxdaman 12:19 09 Aug 2014

So a month or two ago i found a program on my computer called Akamai Netsession Interface, and after researching what it was i decided i wanted to remove it and so i uninstalled it through my control panel, but after a while i noticed that it was back on my computer and i've been continuously uninstalling it for the past few weeks but it just keeps coming back so im looking for a solution to permanently remove this program as it seems to be the reason why my internet gets slowed down. Thanks in advance

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:21 09 Aug 2014

It seems to come packaged with some MS trials and Adobe updates and many games (probably why it keeps reappearing).

onyxdaman 15:45 09 Aug 2014

MS trials? microsoft?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:01 09 Aug 2014

yes

lotvic 21:28 09 Aug 2014

According to post #12 on windowssecrets.com ClickHere you can check which programs are using Akamai NetSession by:

qoote: "as a little information for you. If you look in your Task Bar if it does pop up again, you can always right click it to open in and under the second tab you will see a button that allows you to check what programs and processes are attached to the Program"

onyxdaman 01:46 10 Aug 2014

Excuse me iotvic, could you give me a bit of a run through? i didnt really understand the instructions you gave me

lotvic 13:43 10 Aug 2014

Perhaps this will be more use ClickHere for more info on what it's for and uninstalling if you don't need/want it.

You can see what uses it if you:

Go to folder (depending on your Windows installation):

64-bit >> “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Akamai”

32-bit >> “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Akamai”

You’ll see a file called ‘appregistry.dat‘. Open it in Notepad and there’ll be a list of applications that use Akamai.

onyxdaman 10:53 12 Aug 2014

yea, none of these are working ;S and its still coming back, any other solutions?

lotvic 15:14 12 Aug 2014

The steps in my link in previous post were pretty thorough, what part does not work?

What are the programs listed in 'appregistry.dat'

onyxdaman 07:27 14 Aug 2014

theres no 'appregistry.dat' in the akamai folder

lotvic 10:58 14 Aug 2014

"i uninstalled it through my control panel"

perhaps that's why.

When you say it keeps coming back do you mean a popup or the program is reinstalling itself?

What files are on your pc after it has 'come back'?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?