airbus volume 1

qwesaws 07:43 29 Nov 2007

when I press "S" for an outside view the pcture of the aircraft is broken up some times into tiny pieces anyone know how I can fix it?

C3 08:14 29 Nov 2007

Try updating your video drivers. Check the video card manufacturers website first for updates. If there aren't any, then try the main website for the type of video card (eg Nvidia, ATI etc) and download the latest drivers from there.
If you have onboard graphics, do the same thing, but check your Motherboard manufacturer's website for updates.

Otherwise, check your video card model is well within the specs of the game. If it is on the minimum specs side, this may be causing your problem as well as the video card can't create the external view properly as it isn't powerful enough.

Technotiger 09:56 29 Nov 2007

click here

It would assist other members looking to help you, if you would keep to one Thread until the problem is resolved or otherwise closed by yourself.

Did you manage to complete your screen-shot, as per your other Thread?

I think C3 may be on the right lines - can you let us know your PC's full specifications?

Technotiger 10:02 29 Nov 2007

Another thought - it might help if you upgraded to SP2.

System Requirements

* Flight Simulator X
* Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2 / Vista
* PC with 2 GHz equivalent or higher processor
* 1 GB of system RAM
* 4 GB or more of available hard disk space
* DirectX 9 or higher compatible video card required
* 128 MB video RAM or higher, Shader Model 1.1 or higher
* Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio
* Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
* 56.6 Kbps or better modem for online play

These are the minimum specs required for FSX to run correctly - but more is better!

I notice you have only SP1 ...

Technotiger 10:39 29 Nov 2007

Me again - just realised (after looking at my own FSX) that the SP1 you referred to was probably the FSX SP1 - I was thinking XP SP2 - which of course is preferable to SP1 in XP!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?