Air Duster Attachment

jsngeorge423 14:41 06 Dec 2009

Hi everybody,

I have designed am attachment for a vacuum cleaner that could be really useful whilst cleaning the innards of a computer. Obviously brush attachments a a big no no due to static and so traditionally compressed air is used however this must be done outside (not so handy mid winter).

My design merges both of the above in that it fires a jet of air to lift the dust and suction from a vacuum cleaner to collect it. There are inly two moving parts in the design and all power is provided by the suction of a standard vacuum cleaner.The concept can be seen here:
click here

I would appreciate any feedback. Would you use it? Are there any design flaws? Should I include any other features? How should it look?

rdave13 15:22 06 Dec 2009

Hmm. Blowing in un-dehumidified air and having a blower device powered by the suction so close would work?
Paint brush and a Dyson for me.

jsngeorge423 22:19 06 Dec 2009

rdave13,

I had the same thoughts about the air not being dry however my case has 8 120mm fans running full during high spec games and that's never caused any moisture issues for me.

mooly 08:39 07 Dec 2009

Can't open the link... sends CPU to 100%

I'm with rdave13... brush and vacuum. Static shouldn't be a problem with any complete circuit... it's components that are unterminated that are sensitive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone