AIM webcam settings?

o44wen 20:23 29 Oct 2006

I am having a problem with aol newest AIM programme. I just downloaded it there today and tried to do a video chat with my sister but i could see her but she couldnt see me.

I was looking all over for the setting but i could see anything about webcam feature only getting the option when you click to chat.

Nothing wrong with my webcam asit works perfect with MSN and Y!, but MSN was cutting out a good bit this evening so i thought the servers were to busy.

Technotiger 20:25 29 Oct 2006

Hi, I am not familiar with AOL's AIM, but I would think that cam settings should be found under either Tools/Options or just Options.

o44wen 20:28 29 Oct 2006

yes it used to be in the other 5.5 version but now i just cant find it anywhere. It seems its broadcast in a very small picture also.

Windows live is maybe the best option(but servers seemed to be busy) but i need to get AOL working

o44wen 20:57 29 Oct 2006

ok i found on the AIM homepage that there was a new beta so i downloaded that one and found the webcam settings on it so its all working fine now. hopefully wont have any problems with the beta

Technotiger 20:58 29 Oct 2006

Great - thanks for feedback.

oldbeefer2 10:00 30 Oct 2006

o44wen. You might like to consider the free Sightspeed - much smoother video than AIM and you can resize the window to as large as you like! You both have to download it, though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone