AGP Card giving error beeps?

bob234 17:29 21 Apr 2003

Hi there,

I was using a GeForce 4 MX 440 card on a Soltek SL 75 KAV motherboard until recently when I turned on the computer one day and only got error beeps from it. One long and two short beeps. Had a look inside and couldn't see any problems so tried again and still only the beeps. I tried my old card, a TNT2 one, in the computer and it worked fine. Can anyone suggest what may have gone wrong with the MX 440 and how I can fix it? I'm running Windows XP Pro with Athlon 1.4 Ghz processor and 256 Mb RAM.

Please help me!

Ta,

Martin.

powerless 17:39 21 Apr 2003

Which BIOS does your computer use?

You can sually see this when the computer boots up.

click here and have a look for the beep code. I do see "Video Error" as a possible problem.

bob234 17:45 21 Apr 2003

Am using an Award bios, according to the above site the error codes are a video error. Does this mean that the card is dead?:-(

Kitz E Kat 17:50 21 Apr 2003

Did you uninstall the old driver?

powerless 17:50 21 Apr 2003

click here

"The only AwardBIOS beep code indicates that a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any additional information. This beep code consists of a single long beep followed by two short beeps. Any other beeps are probably a RAM (Random Access Memory) problems."

You have replaced the card and there were no beeps so yes video card is dead.

bob234 17:57 21 Apr 2003

Old card produces no error beeps and works fine. Oh well, dead card is still within warrenty so fingers crossed I might be able to get a replacement.

Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?