Is Agnitum outpost free from 2002 a worthy free firewall

theDarkness 00:13 30 Oct 2008

i am using my mobile phone as a modem, so for general surfing eg mainly just for email, is outpost free a good enough firewall? Its offered on many sites but the free version is from 2002, although easy enough for me to download as its only 2mb. i am not sure if the trial version of outpost, which is now the only one now offered on the official homepage, expires or not after the trial, or if it keeps working but does not let you update? I have installed the free 2002 version that some sites still state is good enough, its no longer supported yet seems to work ok and gives me all the info on connections etc. Anyone have an opinion if i will be ok using this version or if i should try and get hold of the latest trial version instead

MCE2K5 01:46 30 Oct 2008

Outpost Firewall FREE Version: 1.0 (1817) Release date: 2002 Size, MB: 2.71 click here Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP

Rahere 10:33 30 Oct 2008

it may have been ok 6 years or more ago but it attacks have moved on and so has the speed and nature of connections.

Please try any of the following free programs:

Comodo firewall
Online Armor
(Zone Alarm?)

tests of firewall free and paid for here with rankings updated regularly click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone