After printing, an extra (blank) sheet of paper

Cybercrow 18:47 21 Nov 2003

Help! When i print something, after it has finished printing, my printer spews out an extra (blank) sheet of paper!

Why?

How can i stop it?

It use to do this with my last printer (Lexmark) and now does it with my new one (HP).

Thanks!

critic-al 19:22 21 Nov 2003

Try start/control panel/printers/right click on printer/properties/printing preferences/features/and in pages per sheet,make sure it is set to 1.

A_World_Maker 19:32 21 Nov 2003

check the size of paper you are printing to in the Properties... make sure its not defaulting to a different size loaded. Also check that the printer is using EMF and not RAW

MidgetMan 19:36 21 Nov 2003

check also that seperater page is not ticked

Djohn 19:40 21 Nov 2003

This may be down to the fact of you using the "Enter key to move down a paragraph and then your mouse to replace the cursor on the page!

If you do this too many times you will find that if you look at your taskbar you have 2 or more pages showing, even though you have only one page containing text.

To test this point, choose one of you letters that is giving you a blank page. Place your cursor immediately after the last piece of text on the page and use the delete key until only one page shows on the taskbar, save and print. j.

A_World_Maker 19:47 21 Nov 2003

this effect can also happen if the top and bottom margins extend beyond the printable range of the printer... check in the properties... if there is facilities to show/adjust the printable area

anchor 09:40 22 Nov 2003

I used to experience this until I realised that, as Djohn explained, two pages had been created; one of them blank.

I just delete the second blank page.

Cybercrow 12:04 22 Nov 2003

Thank's you lot! I shall look into it!

Stuartli 12:46 22 Nov 2003

It's creating another page (blank), or more in a file that causes the problem as anchor rightly states.

The printer doesn't know it's a blank page, only that it's been created.

Stuartli 17:45 22 Nov 2003

If you click on the forwards-backwards arrows at the bottom (in Word or similar) you will know if the unwanted page has been created.

A_World_Maker 13:26 23 Nov 2003

In the status bar in word.... it shows what page you are on out of how many pages exist. You might think there is only one... but a quick check here should clarify

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?