After installing xp sp3 get Blue screen

kingstonianforever 11:46 17 Apr 2008

Installed sp3, rebooted pc,after POST screen, xp starts to load and goes to a Blue screen with message
Stop:c0000139 {entry point not found} the procedure entry point GDIgetbitmapbitesize could not be located in the Dynamic Link Library gdi32.dll. Have tried MS Knowledge base to no avail. Any help with this as I am stuck. Thanks.

anskyber 11:49 17 Apr 2008

The best advice I can give is uninstall this Beta version and wait a short while for the final version to appear, which is very soon.

anskyber 11:50 17 Apr 2008

eg. click here&

Rob_08 12:08 17 Apr 2008

Beta SP3 caused all sorts of problems, i always make an image before i try anything microsoft !!

kingstonianforever 12:09 17 Apr 2008

I only installed this last night 16/04/08 and I was under the impression that this was the final version.

kingstonianforever 12:28 17 Apr 2008

Hi, Rob_08 I am using a dual boot, I learnt that many moons ago to my cost. Hi anskyber thanks for the link, I have now realised that I have been slightly misled by the pcadvisor article june 2008 by Paul Rigby.I will now uninstall.
Many thanks to you guys.

anskyber 12:44 17 Apr 2008

Hmm... I see what you mean.

The article shows pictures of SP3 RC2 without an explanation of what it means. It would have been helpful to confirm in the article that it is not the final version which would normally come down as part of the automatic updates.

A small but important point for those less in tune with things.

FreeCell 11:43 19 Apr 2008

After reading the article in PCA I tried SP3 RC2 update yesterday. Installed apparently okay but on restart PC just kept restarting, no blue screen, no error message. Hope MS can improve this before releasing through Update.

Good job I keep a backup copy of the hard drive.

FreeCell 11:48 19 Apr 2008

Anyone else trying XP SP3 and get auto reboot problems on restart then look at this for possible solution.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone