Affordable gaming pc specs

AvicusUK 22:53 09 May 2010

Hi, there. I was thinking of building a decent gaming pc but need guidance on what would be the best affordable options (not necessarily in that order). Yes, i want affordable but not crap or average.

Please help

thanks

bremner 17:02 10 May 2010

Without knowing your budget it is very difficult to give you an answer.

What I may consider crap or average may be all you can afford and vice versa.

martjc 17:19 10 May 2010

...don't sit together well. Gaming systems are mostly about graphics handling, but if you want the 'best affordable', you need to make a decision on how much you will pay for your graphics card. Some people will search out the cheapest card with some good reviews, while others will pay upwards of £300 for a graphics card alone.
Other considerations are cooling and processor type. Are you going to get a fairly good system and overclock? Or, do you mean to buy the beefiest proc and run it at named speed?

There are other questions to answer too. But you need to have a clear idea of what you want and just how much you are prepared to pay.

Good luck!

Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.66GHz
ATi Radeon 5780 (DirectX 11)
6GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 Home premium 64-bit
Good Speakers
24" Full HD Monitor
1TB HDD (7200rpm)

Total Est. Price = £750-850

donki 13:35 17 May 2010

All depends on what you think affordable is, if you are looking for affordability I would go for an AMD processor and something like a 4870 1GB for your GFX card. Like I said though it all depends of your budget.

IMO the hardware on offer at the high end of the market is well beyond any computer games on the market or even in the pipeline and I play at full HD 24" or 32".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?