Aero Peek not working in windows 7

Ant two 21:49 29 Mar 2012
Answered

Hi, up until recently everything was working fine but now Aero Peek has stopped working. I'm running Windows 7, which is upto date with updates & fixes, on an HP Pavillion dv6 with 2 display adaptors; an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 and an Intel (R) HD Graphics. Both are reported as working ok by device manager. If I right-click the task bar and select properties, Aero Peek is ticked but greyed out.

Any ideas please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:25 29 Mar 2012

Try the Aero troubleshooter.

Open Control Panel/Troubleshooting. Under Appearance and Personalization, select the Display Aero desktop effects.

In the Troubleshooter dialog, click the Advanced link and place a check mark in the Apply Repairs Automatically option.

Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Ant two 14:53 30 Mar 2012

Hi Fruitbat,

Thanks for the response. I've followed your instructions and it came up "Cannot identify problem"

Nontek 14:58 30 Mar 2012
Answer

Try a System Restore back to when it was working ok.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:07 30 Mar 2012

Advanced system settings -> performance -> settings and put a tick in Save taskbar thumbnail Previews. and retry

Ashrich 19:50 30 Mar 2012

I don't suppose you have selected a theme that doesn't support aeropeek , Like Windows 7 basic or suchlike ?

Ashley

Ant two 23:20 30 Mar 2012

Hi,

Fruitbat, Sorry but your last suggestion made no difference either.

Ashrich, No, I've not changed my theme either.

Nontek, I had been trying to avoid a system restore as there's been several critical updates recently but you've hit the nail on the head, so to speak. I went back one resore point to the 27th March with no change so went back another to 17th and Aero Peek is working again.

Thanks everyone for your contributions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone