aerial problem

eccy92 11:07 15 Jul 2006

I have recently purchased a
Leadtek Portable DVB-T USB2.0 TV Box from novatech. However the little aerial supplied isn't much good as I can't get a reception with it. Can anyone recommend a good strong indoor aerial that will able me to get a reception. It does work as I have connected it to the main outside aerial in the other room thanks for looking David
click here

Stuartli 11:18 15 Jul 2006

An indoor aerial is unlikely to work very much better, if at all, than the supplied aerial.

Try running a coaxial cable from your main TV set's aerial lead via a two-way aerial amplifier - cost is about £10-£12. One aerial output will go to the TV and the other to your USB2.0 TV box.

It's the method I use for a PCI TV card and the length of the coaxial cable for it is about 60ft (it runs under the floorboards from the back room to the front room).

Smiler 11:29 15 Jul 2006

Argos

click here

eccy92 17:44 15 Jul 2006

Thanks will try running off the old aerial

Stuartli 18:07 15 Jul 2006

You need a wideband aerial to receive all the terrestial digital transmissions (it's sometimes called a digital aerial as a marketing ploy).

davyjenks 14:52 15 Aug 2006

If I tune in my digital tv card connected to my outside aeriel, I get lots of spot-on tv channels all working perfectly. BBC, SKY, Ch4, et al. However, the only ITV channel I can get is the dopey ITV Play,
Any ideas

Stuartli 15:05 15 Aug 2006

This is currently a problem with computer system Freeview TV cards and is down to the signal transmissions on some muxes.

The most affected are the ITV and Channel 4 and 5 stations yet some of them, such as Film4 and E4+1 work OK.

By the way see this review of 32 different indoor aerials and note that the best costs only £9.99:

click here

eccy92 16:59 15 Aug 2006

Thanks I bought a aerial extension kit and run it to the main aerial from my DVB-T USB2 tv box.on the roof and it seems to work ok know just can't get channels like uk gold it comes up I should recieve it but get no pictures I suppose this is because it is a pay channel also a little disapointed I can't get teletext other than that pleased with it thanks for your help

dms05 17:22 15 Aug 2006

Stuartli - your link comes up 'out of date'.

Stuartli 17:59 15 Aug 2006

You can't watch Pay channels on computer system Freeview although the station is/may be listed.

It's the same for Santanta and similar pay channels - these can only be used on a pay basis using a Freeview set top box.

dms05

Sorry about that. It seems to have been delisted - it was working this morning because I found it again from an e-mail message to an interested party sent about a fortnight ago...:-(

Stuartli 18:01 15 Aug 2006

Try it again:

click here

Worked for me just now...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?