Aerial photos of cities at night wanted

Covergirl 08:04 30 Aug 2010

I've had a Google round but can't seem to find any. Does anyone know a website where I might get some photos like this?

Reason is, I've travelled abroad (mainly just the EU) in the past and when you travel over brightly lit cities you get an amazing view of the layout, sometimes all the roadlights radiating off a central hub or strange features rather like they have been designed to be viewed from the sky.

I've tried NASA and tried searcing for Google Earth add ons but can't seem to find much out there.

I've found many photos of cityscapes at night but they are all from high buildings - I'm after aerial views from a plane.

Thanks in advance.

birdface 09:28 30 Aug 2010

Some here.

click here

birdface 09:29 30 Aug 2010

Oops sorry not aerial photos that you asked for.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:36 30 Aug 2010

Yes most pictures seem a little low for what you want Jason Hawkes click here some stunning Night views of cities.

These are probably too high :0) click here but its a site I use a lot to look at satellite images of all over the world.

Bluesky maps are doing what you want for British cities click here

birdface 10:40 30 Aug 2010

Some other good photos.

click here

Lots to Google from but no doubt you have tried that.

click here

Covergirl 12:09 31 Aug 2010

Thanks to Fruitbat and Buteman for "having a go", but so far none of the above links provide what I am looking for.

Any other suggestions please?

Woolwell 12:50 31 Aug 2010

I don't think that there is one website which provides what you want. Bing may be a better search engine than google for these type of images.

But you may not find many good quality photos over cities because of aircraft noise restraints.

Blackhat 13:12 31 Aug 2010

Try browsing around this site.

click here

Covergirl 12:40 01 Sep 2010

There are a few images in the links which may provide a little enlightenment to me.

However, I didn't take into consideration the low light levels and motion/orbit movement, quote: "night images of cities require much longer exposure times . . . . a recipe for blurry images" so there may not be a shed load of images out there.
When my internet comes back up I will try to search and investigate the name which purports to have hundreds of night time city images.
Thanks for now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?