Aerial booster for TV

Diodorus Siculus 18:21 17 Jul 2007

Hi, a friend has moved into a flat which has pretty poor TV reception via an outdoor TV aerial. I've been told that we can get a "signal booster". Can anyone recommend one, preferably off line so we can pick it up in Argos or the like tomorrow morning.

Many thanks all,

Dio

Stuartli 18:23 17 Jul 2007

An aerial booster will not cure an already poor signal; it would be better to get an aerial company to have a look at the existing aerial and cabling, which may be past their best.

eedcam 18:27 17 Jul 2007

You can get one at argos but check its covered by their 16 day return policy.They can and do work but a lot depends on the signal they will boost a weak signal which is often enough but they will also boost any thing else the Ae is picking up

postie24 18:31 17 Jul 2007

As stuartli suggests it could be the cabling or the aerial.
Heres an option to try
click here

Diodorus Siculus 18:35 17 Jul 2007

Thanks for those replies; may well get a decent indoor aerial and see how it goes.

Further suggestions always welcome.

Cheers, Dio

wjrt 19:11 17 Jul 2007

have a chat with neighbours and get an idea of local reception ie.good/bad and if good what equipment they are using

octal 19:15 17 Jul 2007

If there is a lot of ghosting on the signal then an amplifier won't help, it will make a bad situation worst. If the signal is noisy, in other words a lot of snow effect on the picture but the picture looks reasonable then an amplifier will probably help overcome the signal to noise.

Where is the indoor aerial located at the moment?

octal 19:17 17 Jul 2007

Oh, forgot, what area does your friend live in?

Si_L 20:02 17 Jul 2007

click here for the solution to your friends problems

This aerial is awesome, and easy to install.

Stuartli 20:46 17 Jul 2007

It's an outdoor aerial that's presently in use.

octal 20:55 17 Jul 2007

I'll learn to read one day.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?