Adware

TequilaSunrise 01:53 30 Jul 2009

The past few days i've been having problems on a work computer with adware.

It pops up as if in a browser window although where the IE/FF icon would usually be, there is a multicolored symbol instead.

It can be for a range of things, from survey sites to shopping sites etc. But its getting annoying.

I've tried running spybot, spyware blaster, ccleaner, avg but none of them seem to be getting rid of it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

TequilaSunrise 02:12 30 Jul 2009

Heres what the adverts look like, the webpage displayed is always different but the top left icon (where broser icon usually is) is always the same:
click here

TequilaSunrise 02:21 30 Jul 2009

I've managed to fix, ended process in task manager (was showing as moforalis/gowwxyz or something similar - just giving example by memory in case anyone has similar problems).

I then ran ccleaner, went to start up tools and disabled this program from running at start up, i then deleted it from start up items.

I then went to uninstall programs and uninstalled program called "Favorit" (not a spelling mistake) as this is similar to the controversial Phorm.

It runs in the background collecting data and advertizing based on data collected.

birdface 06:59 30 Jul 2009

Maybe download Update and run the free version of this.

click here

Just to make sure that your computer is now clean of Adware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?