Adware

Phoenix40 18:37 01 Sep 2007

Hello a few weeks back my monitor broke down and i had to get a new one. The old monitor somehow affected my software and ive just had to reinstall everything again. I manage to install my antivirus, Sygate firewall and Spybot S&D. But i cant seem to find the Lavasoft Adware i used for my type of Windows which is Wins 98SE. And also it seems i cant d/load the updates for this windows from Microsoft now, i did manage to d/load the IE 6 from the site. One thing do i need Adware if im using Spybot? If so can someone lead me to a free site or the older version of Lavasoft, hope to from someone soon thanks.

VoG II 18:48 01 Sep 2007

Ad-aware click here

Windows 98 Updates click here

SANTOS7 18:49 01 Sep 2007

click here

this will help,good luck...

SANTOS7 18:51 01 Sep 2007

We gotta stop meeting like this VoG™, people gonna talk. lol

VoG II 18:54 01 Sep 2007

:o))

SANTOS7 18:57 01 Sep 2007

Just had a look around the home page for the link, not too shabby, one for the bookmarks, me thinks twill be more than useful...

Phoenix40 19:29 01 Sep 2007

Hello thank you for your prompt replies. Just two things i need to ask. If you have Spybot do you still need to have Adware installed as well - are they two different things? And also is it alright to install the Wins 98SE Service Pk2 if you havent installed the first one? Hope to hear from you soon thanks.

SANTOS7 21:01 01 Sep 2007

Not entirely sure about SP2 for 98se but i would asume you would need to install SP1 first.

As for Spybot and adaware they work happily together
and one will always find what the other does not so keep them both...

VoG II 21:16 01 Sep 2007

As far as I know the 'SP2' pack includes all updates.

Phoenix40 22:34 01 Sep 2007

Hello thanks for explaining about the Adware and Spybot. But i seem to have problems d/loading the Wins 98SE updates from the site you gave me. There seems to be two d/loading mirrors one from USA and the other from Romania. When i d/load from the Romanian one it says it will take about 2 hrs. The USA one says about 1 hr, but when i do it it starts alright then it suddenly finishes leaving a blue exe file in my folder then when i try to open it it says something about error and no contact etc. In other words theres no proper setup zip file that one usually gets. Ive tried it twice and it still wont work. If ive done anything wrong let me know otherwise tell me if theres any other sites i can d/load it from thanks.

SANTOS7 22:54 01 Sep 2007

click here

if you have the service packs the link should help with the updates (millions of em)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?