ADW Cleaner suggestions for deletions

compumac 17:42 30 Sep 2014

I have been using CCleaner for some years and when I first had it I was reluctant to follow the suggestions as to removal of many, to me, unknown files.

Now I just glibly delete ALL of the suggested items..

I am currently looking at ADW Cleaner and wonder as to the wisdom of adopting the same, perhaps gung-ho attitude.

Do you just delete the suggestions?

bumpkin 18:04 30 Sep 2014

I have found ADW very good and better than some other cleaners. I always select all. Never had a problem.

spuds 19:04 30 Sep 2014

I have used ADW on a number of times, but on some occasions it doesn't always find the 'nasties',and if it does, then there might still be a problem to get rid of the offender. Having said that, its still worth a try.

I have another post running on this forum about Abode. Many problems occured, and in the end I gave a beta version of Malwarebytes Anti-Root Kit a trial (having read some items through a search on the internet), and found that worked very good. It found things that other programmes didn't, and managed to clear them from a problem computer.

tullie 19:28 30 Sep 2014

Dont you mean Adobe Spuds?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:38 30 Sep 2014

As I absolutely hate tool bars and add-ons I let ADWcleaner delete everything it finds.

compumac 21:54 30 Sep 2014

So...

Delete all - same as with default on CCleaner.

bumpkin 22:16 30 Sep 2014

Yes in my opinion. Get shot of the crap that is causing the problems. Spud's suggestion may also be worth looking into although I have not tried it myself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone