advise on setting up old sky box in new house

pughy7 22:54 07 Jun 2008

Hi, i need help, i currently have sky+ with multiroom but am moving to a secound home and want to take one of the boxes with me. i have two sky cards so can i just install a new dish and link up the old box in the new house, so i dont have to start up a new subscription. any advice would be great cheers

SB23 23:01 07 Jun 2008

Why don't you ring Sky?

They moved my system for free when I moved.

pughy7 23:03 07 Jun 2008

i still want to keep my sky in the old house,as im going to be back and for, i was just thinking as i had two cards already i dont need to set up a new subscription.
Thanks tho

SB23 23:08 07 Jun 2008

Unless I'm missing something, I would still ring Sky to get their advice on what you need to do.

2neat 23:15 07 Jun 2008

I think sky checks that your multi room subscription is on the same fone number.
You could use it as a freeview box or pay the subscription.

Tim1964 23:47 07 Jun 2008

As 2neat says

If the 2 boxes cannot 'dial in' to Sky using the same phone number than they will spot this and start charging you for 2 subscriptions.

pete. 00:01 08 Jun 2008

yes you can take your box with you set up new dish the card is set for box you want to use in another house and not the postcode as most people think as for the phone line unless you watch a lot of films etc then unplug it you dont need it and if sky say you do its not true all the software updates are done though the lnb on the dish

2neat 23:40 08 Jun 2008

nothing to do with updates!
Just think, you could have full sky world package £46 odd quid & a £10 multi room. You could then give that box & card to friend/family etc. Not bad, full sky world for £10pm. This is why sky checks both boxes on same fone line. If you unplug multi room box they would block the card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?