Advise please - buying a Laminator

Solartopi 17:17 20 Dec 2007

Hi Folks,

I wish to buy a Laminator to laminate & protect documents of various sizes, like photos and certificates. Can anyone please advise me what type to buy. I'm all confused & don't know which to choose.

Please HELP!!!

Solartopi

Technotiger 17:23 20 Dec 2007

This looks a good one for home use, price shown is pretty good too ...

click here

SB23 17:25 20 Dec 2007

It doesn't really matter.
I purchased the cheapest I could find, and 4 years later its still going.
Even the laminating sheets I shop around for, and get wherever they're the cheapest.

Solartopi 18:12 20 Dec 2007

Hi Technotiger, yes it looks good and & it's got Hot & Cold. The price is fantastic too. The one review was good too.

Thanks

Solartopi

Solartopi 18:15 20 Dec 2007

Hi SB23, if I'm not being too inquisitive what one do you have please.

Thanks

Solartopi

SB23 18:42 20 Dec 2007

Its actually called the a4 Laminator, honest.

My wife and I purchased it from one of the tv auction programs. It came with a safe, which we also use, and with P&P was less than £20, a bargain!.
The sheets I normally get from one of the large supermarkets, as I find they are cheaper, but it still works well.

Steve

Solartopi 18:55 20 Dec 2007

SB23,

That was a bargin. Yes, sometimes we also watch these Aution TV programs & you can really get things almost for a Thank You.

Henry

romaneagle 00:13 21 Dec 2007

You can get Laminators as cheap as £9.99 from The Stationery Shop - they are nationwide - and they sell the pouches cheap, too. I have one and it works extremely well. Yes - as SB23 says they are named "A4
Laminator".

Honest - it is not worth paying more for one.

Romaneagle

MCE2K5 01:54 21 Dec 2007

If you live near an Argos Shop, This is the one I got, click here

SB23 11:37 21 Dec 2007

Another place to have a look is the DIY stores, alot of them sell this type of thing now, as its all to do with home security.

Mine, although its called the a4 laminator, is from the office institute, I expect its a brand I'll never hear from again, but any make will do, as long as it does what it says on the box.

Steve

SouthernComfort 11:49 21 Dec 2007

I got an A3 one from Netto a while back. Fantastic value at £14.99.
Make sure it's "carrier-less" most are these days.

Bob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?