Advise buy monitor

  Terry Brown 20:54 17 Feb 2009

I need to buy a new moniter as my curent (CRT) keeps 'wobbling', -On it's way out--.

I assume I will have to get a CRT, can you advise me of any I should avoid, or any that you would reccommend.
I normally only use the system for Office work, editing Music & Films, the occasional game and Internet.
Ideally I would like a 19", standard (Not widescreen)
Price range upto £150

  Chas49 21:00 17 Feb 2009

LCD's do have RGB inputs - I currently use an :CD T/v which has all three, DVI, HDMI and RGB. Go for one of them. Just search by typing in LCD monitor - then take your pick 8-). You do not have to get a CRT though if that is what you want - then go for that instead. I would NOT return to CRT's. Good Luck.

  Chas49 21:01 17 Feb 2009

:CD --- LCD !!!

  Terry Brown 21:25 17 Feb 2009

I have a Nvidia graphics card that supports HDI ( white output) and the standard VGA.

  Eargasm 22:22 17 Feb 2009

I doubt that you can still buy (new) CRT Monitors.
My mate has had a Hanns G 19" LCD 4:3 (not widescreen)for over 12 months now and it looks superb.
It has VGA and DVI inputs and is currently a shade over £80 (with a 3 year warranty)!

click here

  wee eddie 23:10 17 Feb 2009

Of course you can but a Cathode Ray Tube but £150 should get you a Flat Panel of the size you mention.

Look at this month's PCA Review Section

  wee eddie 23:12 17 Feb 2009

"but a Cathode Ray Tube" should read "buy a Cathode Ray Tube"

  Terry Brown 14:14 18 Feb 2009


Thanks, I have been looking at the Hanns.G HD191D from Misco, and it seems to have all I want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?