Advice on website

richiesoft 18:55 09 Feb 2007

Would any of you mind giving me some feedback on my website.

click here

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:30 10 Feb 2007

but it took an eternity to load on BB. Also, you have justified the text in the columns and the spaces look terrible.

I only had a quick look, will try again tomorrow.

robgf 13:36 10 Feb 2007

I surf with Flash turned off (I'm on dialup) and the basic page loaded quite quickly.
But turning Flash on, the title logo took a couple of minutes to load and although nice, wasn't worth the wait. Normally if a page doesn't load within 30 seconds I click away.

I like the pictures page, it took about 3 minutes to initially load, but was reasonably quick after that and it looks very good.

I like the colour scheme a lot, but the square corners of the menu and content, dont quite go with the rounded corners of the logo.

Overall very nice, with some interesting content, but do something about the title logo, replace it with a static gif, or png.

Rob. :)

anchor 16:52 10 Feb 2007

Like barryoneoff.co.uk, I found it took a long time to load; (I am on 2Mb ADSL). In the normal way I would not have waited.

The flash was quite effective at first, but to have it "flash all over again" each time a page was changed, was a bit too much.

I thought it was very professional looking but as above, it took too long to load and I wouldn't normally have waited. Apparently the time a website is supposed to load in to be "useable" is 4 seconds!

steve263000 09:20 12 Feb 2007

It did not take that long to load for me, and I thought that you have built quite a nice easy to read site. I am not that fussed on the colour, but that is a very individual choice.

richiesoft 20:54 25 Feb 2007

Thanks for all the advice. I will endeavor to take it all on board and make adjustments. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?