Advice on USB connection for i-pod

bionicle 21:35 09 Feb 2006

Have just bought an i-pod shuffle and had to buy a USB extension cable in order to connect the i-pod to my pc as the USB ports at the front of my pc are recessed. When I connect I get a message on the pc that the device could run faster if connected to a highspeed USB port but there are none on my computer. How can I remedy this? Is it anything to do with the extension cables capabilities and does this then mean that transferring songs to the i-pod will be slower and also recharging the i-pod battery via the USB extension will also take longer?

User-312386 21:42 09 Feb 2006

buy a USB2 card click here

bionicle 22:29 09 Feb 2006

Thanks madboy33©®

keef66 22:48 09 Feb 2006

I had the same problem. Pc is 4 yrs old and has only usb 1.1 ports. Ipod worked, but synchronisation took quite a while. In the end I got sick of windows nagging about it could work faster. Bought a cheap usb 2.0 pci expansion card fron Ebuyer, but it never worked properly, the Ipod wouldn't stay connected long enough to synchronise. They took it back and sold me a dearer Belkin card which works splendidly.

keef66 22:51 09 Feb 2006

just looked at madboy33©®'s link. that's the card I now have, only not the low profile version.

User-312386 17:43 10 Feb 2006

I have ipod mini and USB2 flies

It takes about 2 seconds per song with USB2 compared to 10 seconds with USB1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review

How to draw a mandala

iPhone X review

Les meilleures enceintes Bluetooth à moins de 150 euros