Advice on a unknown Program

ponytail 09:35 14 Oct 2013

Does anyone know this program if so is it worth having and is it compatible with other programs such as Emisoft and Malawarebytes

wiz-king 09:42 14 Oct 2013

And it's name?

wee eddie 09:51 14 Oct 2013

He doesn't know!

onthelimit1 09:55 14 Oct 2013

No - nor do we!

ponytail 10:32 14 Oct 2013

The PC Decrapifier

I realised I had forgotten the name and tried to send it but was told only allowed two posts in sixty minutes did this twice.It was not a new post just a reply

spuds 10:47 14 Oct 2013

Putting "reviews on pc decrapifier" in a Google search brought up quite a bit of information on this programme from various sources. It would appear that it cleans bloatware and internet files, and that's about it, with a possible rating of 5 out of 10.

Perhaps on those results, not the best programme to have, possibly bloating your computer even further?.

michaelw 11:47 14 Oct 2013

CCleaner does a good job as long as you don't use it's reg cleaner, and I also use Advanced System care both free.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:50 14 Oct 2013

I have used it several times to clear off the bloatware that comes with new laptops and PCs it's very good at this, but that is it!

Not required if your machine is already set up as you wish and certainly not an anti virus or anti malware program such as Malwarebytes or emisoft

lotvic 12:06 14 Oct 2013

Uninstall it if you have finished or don't intend using it (it's one that you have downloaded and installed or they put it on at the shop where you had laptop restored). More info on the free program PC Decrapifier click here

ponytail 13:51 14 Oct 2013

Have not installed as wanted some views on it.Sounds like what I have at present ie Emisoft and Malwarebytes are sufficient.I also have Avast

wiz-king 14:00 14 Oct 2013

You dont want two anti-virus programs, they may interfere with each other.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?