Advice on telewest box

wesparmalee 11:07 03 Dec 2006

I've just had Telewest Blueyonder installed, and would like to know how to make use of the ethernet connection at the back of the set top box.I already have a broadband connection via telewest upstairs, but would like to make use of this ethernet connection also.I tried connecting my PC to this set top box ethernet outlet, but could not establish any connection.Am i doing something wrong, or is there no way of doing this?Thanks in advance.

Terry Brown 11:18 03 Dec 2006

I also have telewest, and asked about this, the ethernet connection is there for possible future expansion, but as yet it is not available to use. I very much doubt if it ever will be.

I know telewest used to supply a keyboard for use with the box, b ut I believe that worked by infra red (like the remote control)
Terry

Fellsider 11:50 03 Dec 2006

I have broadband from Telewest and it is the original wireless option whereby the ethernet cable goes from the back of the box to a (Netgear) wireless router and I have a USB wireless adapter that plugs into the PC.

This is how it works BUT..... It is limited to 1Mb broadband - that does me, so I haven't changed.

I would suggest setting up a wireless network from your Telewest modem

wesparmalee 12:00 03 Dec 2006

Thanks for this advice.

Terry Brown 12:06 03 Dec 2006

Fellsider

So if I understand you correctly, I can transfer programs direct from telewest to the computer, or does it only work for Email ?
Terry
( Sorry , I did not mean to hijack this query)
Terry

Fellsider 15:48 04 Dec 2006

No, the ethernet connection is only for Telewest Broadband.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?