advice on starting first web

david.h 18:17 06 Nov 2003

I have web space on my pipex broadband account for a web site, apparently pipex is not 100% compatable with frontpage/publisher 2002. [any pipex customers confirm this please.]

Anyone point me in the right direction to follow an easy tutorial to follow to set up a basic web site [I can learn the more complex issues once i have the basics up and running]

I have XP PRO, OFFICE XP, PAINTSHOP7

Forum Editor 19:01 06 Nov 2003

do not install the FrontPage extensions on their free webspace servers, so although you can upload a site from FrontPage, some of the special FrontPage features like animated text, discussion forums etc. won't work.

If you have your own domain name on server space with a hosting company you can ask for the extensions to be installed. The extensions are free to download from Microsoft, but nevertheless many hosting companies make a small charge for installing them.

There are hundreds of tutorials on the web - it's a question of searching for one that looks right for you.
click here and take a good look around - it's a good starting point.

david.h 19:29 06 Nov 2003

Just had a quick look at the link you sent, looks good. I will give it a go at the weekend.
thankyou for the reply

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?