Advice on selling Photoshop Elements.

camerauser 17:43 19 Aug 2013

Hi you friendly Guys and Girls. I hope one of you can help me sort out the following problem. I have sold Photoshop elements 9 on Ebay recently (as a Used Program). I have just received an email from the buyer informing me that when he tries to install the Program he receives a message telling him that it is installed on another computer and needs to be uninstalled. I have uninstalled it on my Computer before offering it for sale as I have bought Elements 11. I will be grateful if one of you experts can offer me some advice. Should I inform Adobe or some other Body that I have sold it ? Best regards, Camerauser.

woodchip 18:30 19 Aug 2013

If you bought Elements 11. as a Upgrade that is why they are getting the message. its still registered to you

hssutton 18:59 19 Aug 2013

Assuming it's not an upgrade, did you deactivate your copy before uninstalling?

Read section 4.5/6 Transfer Elements

*4.6 No Transfer. YOU WILL NOT RENT, LEASE, SELL, SUBLICENSE, ASSIGN OR TRANSFER YOUR RIGHTS IN THE SOFTWARE, OR AUTHORIZE ANY PORTION OF THE SOFTWARE TO BE COPIED ONTO ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL OR LEGAL ENTITY’S COMPUTER EXCEPT AS MAY BE EXPRESSLY PERMITTED HEREIN. You may, however, pe rmanently transfer all your rights to use the Software to another individual or legal entity provided th at: (a) you also transfer (i ) this agreement, (ii) the serial number(s), the Software affixed to media provided by Adobe or its authorized distributor, and all other software or hardware bundled, packaged or pre-installed with the Software, including all copies*

bumpkin 19:28 19 Aug 2013

" I have sold Photoshop elements 9 on Ebay"

It is not yours to sell, you have only paid for a license to use it which you may or may not be able to transfer to the new user.

james55 18:27 21 Aug 2013

hssutton is right it should be deactivated before uninstalling I did this with CS5 when changing Computers however it did not work and I had to go to their Contact support & customer service and they sorted it for me .It might be worth a try. Click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review

How to draw a mandala

iPhone X review

Les meilleures enceintes Bluetooth à moins de 150 euros