advice on recording software.

dwjinuk 16:26 14 Aug 2004

Hi Folks,
Am looking for advice on best software to use to enable me to copy all my vinyl stuff to the system. No doubnt I will burn myself a compilation or two from the database. Did have EasyCD on my old system under Win 98. Have been advised to give it a wide berth due to compatability problems.

MichelleC 17:57 14 Aug 2004

Audacity may do it and it's free. (It records tapes) click here

Newuser4222 18:11 14 Aug 2004

You could try Cool edit 2000 you can download a trial version though it only lets you use some of it for about 2 weeks. It can only be bought online but it us the business its a scaled down version of what is used at Abbey road. You wil need to do a search for cool edit. It beats the pants of easy cd. nero and audio lab for sound edit and it is very educational for sound manpulation

Night Ryder 20:01 14 Aug 2004

I use Adobe Audition for recording material from vynal and tape. Is a very good program but not cheap however. Yhis will do everything you ask.

Newuser4222,
You may find that the download for versions of Cool edit are no longer available. Adobe took over development of this software and re issued it as Adobe Audition.

smokingbeagle 20:09 14 Aug 2004

click here=
It's US$20 but it has volume levelling and allows line in recording.

redshift300 20:30 14 Aug 2004

Try MUSICMATCH 6.1, dont use a higher version as they do not allow line in activation. I have used this for a couple of years for tape and LP recording (LP through a pre amp) plenty of options.
Goog luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?