Advice please, on Registry cleaners.

Granny. 12:46 21 Jan 2005

Please can anyone give me some advice about any VERY easy to use,free Registry cleaners?

ACOLYTE 12:51 21 Jan 2005

If you have win2k/xp click here

This is a good reg cleaner and easy to use.

Granny. 13:00 21 Jan 2005

Thank you for that, but I`m on Windows 98, does that make a difference????

Belatucadrus 13:20 21 Jan 2005

click here for CCleaner

Cook2 13:28 21 Jan 2005

I was just about to say click here and noticed Belatucadrus had beaten me to it.

If you are a granny Granny.and you want something 'easy to use' then CCleaner is the one for you.

You can safely delete everything that shows up in the Issues Tab.

Lokit 13:39 21 Jan 2005

Much lauded here and in other places - ccleaner - has to be the best.

Thomo1 13:52 21 Jan 2005

duz cc clean evryfin tho cuz i ran regseeker the other day and it cum up with 350 odd entries!

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:32 21 Jan 2005

Ccleaner is mainly a file cleaner and should be used with regseeker or the like.

G

Granny. 15:18 23 Jan 2005

I downloaded C.Cleaner, and it found 363 items !!!

You were right about it being easy to use as well, Thank you very much .................

rawprawn 15:20 23 Jan 2005

Very easy, very safe, click here

Vicmohi 15:20 04 Mar 2005

Have been seeking an efficient yet safe registry cleaner and didn't see this forum till later. I found a site click here repair-software-review.toptenreviews.com who listed Best= Advanced System Organiser from SysTweak ($39.95), Second=Fix-It Utilities from V-Com ($49.99, Registry Mechanic featured at tenth ($29.95)and review advised it as less safe to use (especially for novices)than former two.
Has anyone experienced using any of these and how did they find them, especially how easy to use and how safe ?
By comparison to the freeware/shareware mentioned by contributors, these are all quite expensive (but first two do include additional utilities also) but would they offer any real improvement in use compared to say RegSeeker, CCleaner, RegCompacter ?
VicM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?