Advice please - Quality of Advent laptops

TRFC1 08:53 13 Feb 2008

Hi guys, I'm looking to buy a 17" screen laptop. I missed out on what seemed to be a great offer for an HP DV9646EM from PC World for £499. (It's still advertised on their website, despite having none at all in stock - and it's been discontinued! Grrr!)

Anyway, I've seen an ADVENT 9517 which seems to have a similar spec 2GB memory, 160GB hard drive and built in webcam. All for £469. Seems like a bargain to me, but can anyone tell me how good ADVENT machine's are because I haven't heard of them

Thanks in advance

wee eddie 12:55 13 Feb 2008

My 7007 has served me well for donkeys years.

You'll get better value from the net, but don't forget the amount of time that you might waste awaiting delivery.

Visit the Store and have a look around

STREETWORK 21:29 13 Feb 2008

Me Mum has one and it is working fine, its not so much the name but the components within...

skidzy 20:47 14 Feb 2008

Better be careful what i say here;

We have an ongoing case regarding an Advent laptop and DSG International the company that owns PCW/Dixons/Currys etc

I will never buy an Advent product again,though obviously there will be some good machines out there as pointed out above by wee eddie and streetwork.

Ashrich 00:24 15 Feb 2008

Advent is only a brand name , they are selected laptops built by Uniwill , Quanta , ECS , Gericom and the like

Philips , Tiny , Time , Mitac , HiGrade and some of the " supermarket " laptops also use these builders .

click here and have a look at " Your Advent Model Number " for further info.

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?