Advice please on prchase of printer.

yozzer1 21:43 31 Jan 2011

hi Im looking to buy a wireless all in one printer
for £90 to £!00. my desktop runs windows7 and lappy
XPpro.any reccomendations or views, would be appreciated.

Ashrich 22:23 31 Jan 2011

I can advise you about one to NOT get , the Epson SX425W , the pile being returned to PC World in Slough is almost as big as the pile for sale .

A client of mine returned his with several faults and was asked " why on earth did you buy this one ", when he told the " Tech Guy " it was because he was recommended by one of their salesmen the guy shook his head and said they all knew it was a "pos" and were trying to put people off .

My client ended up buying an HP wireless ( not sure which one ) which works like a dream .

Ashley

chub_tor 00:36 01 Feb 2011

My son and daughter have both purchased the Canon MP560 and are delighted with it. The only drawback from my point of view is the inability to print directly onto a DVD.

yozzer1 10:22 01 Feb 2011

thanks ashrich and chub tor for your input!
coincidently ashrich I boght that very printer for my son at christmas !! he is working away at the moment, the only feedback from him was the photo quality was very good and he was pleased with the wireless.
any further input from the helproom wold be welcome.

Ashrich 16:14 01 Feb 2011

Well done for getting one that works !!

Ashley

yozzer1 22:01 01 Feb 2011

thanks ashrich.
its probably your cheerfulness that keeps you going!!!!

yozzer1 23:49 04 Feb 2011

Having visited various printer review sites,I purchased the Epson SX425W yesterday. I found it easy to install photo quality very good and wirless Excellent.
dont really understand Ashrichs agender, I will certainly avoid any of his future comments!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone