Advice on pc spec

wingfield 20:27 28 Dec 2006

My 70yr old step mother wants a new PC as her old steam driven one has given up. What would be a reasonable spec for her needs - digital photos, family tree, e-mail, a few accounts. No games or anything wizzy but just reliable and cheap £300 ish. We just need the pc not a new screen or peripherals. There's a local shop that puts these together but we need to know what sort of things to ask for.

i should think your mothers uses are similar to my mothers so a basic pc like click here should surfice, assuming your mom's not a hardcore gamer?

bluto1 23:03 28 Dec 2006

If you decide not to go by adman2`s route have a look at some of the adverts in your Daily paper, because Dell have some great bargains.

bluto1 23:07 28 Dec 2006

When you speak to the Dell rep (phone)tell them who and what it`s for and the budget. They`re OK

Totally-braindead 23:08 28 Dec 2006

PC World have some really good systems on offer and any of them will do what you want so I suggest you look there.

sean-278262 00:58 29 Dec 2006

So all other details other than the support of a company, point and shoot anything at all will do. Look at places like morgan computers who do end of line (the TK maxx of the pc world). Anything at all will do her. Just look at aftersupport and so long as it is reputable all will be well.

Jak_1 06:47 29 Dec 2006

Take a look here also:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?