Advice on OCR software please

Jayne doe 12:25 29 Aug 2005

I have been bought 2 lots of software. Textbridge pro 11 and Scansoft Omnipage 14. Which one is best to use please? If I open them both to try them then I cant return either one so I wondered if anyone has extensive knowlege of these please. Ive tried looking on net and PCA has no reviews on OCR that I can find. I scan lots of stuff to turn into worksheets and to file stuff on computer or I would drown in paper. Thans. Jayne

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:39 29 Aug 2005

Have used previous versions of both software.

Am still using Textbridge Pro millenium as I prefer this software for the type of work I do.

bobbybowls 13:48 29 Aug 2005

i have been using textbridge for a few years and have found it meets all my needs, canot coment on scansoft as i have not used it.

Diemmess 14:43 29 Aug 2005

- I was impressed when I bought Omnipage 12 as an "upgrade" from an earlier version of Textbridge.......... Still use it regularly and have no wish to try Textbridge again.

stylehurst 14:50 29 Aug 2005

I have used Omnipage Pro 14 ever since it was released (Ver 15 is now available in USA) I have been very impressed with the level of accuracy with OP14, over 95% with third & fourth carbon copies off a manual typewriter.
Suggest you keep OP & return Textbridge

Jayne doe 17:43 29 Aug 2005

OK thanks guys
will keep omnipro 14 and return Textbridge. Thanks. Jayne

Jayne doe 17:44 29 Aug 2005

OK thanks guys
will keep omnipro 14 and return Textbridge. Thanks. Jayne

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone