Advice on NIS please Reassure me...

jbp1982 10:37 03 Apr 2005

I know there's dozens of threads on this but I have just dumped NIS 2005 after 3 1/2 months of use. Have I made the right move?

Now have free AVG and sygate firewall, any better?

System seems alot faster too...

Carpigiani 10:44 03 Apr 2005

In my opinion you have made an excellent decision. I too dumped NIS some time ago & have not regretted it for one single moment.

I use Avast & Sygate

VoG II 10:48 03 Apr 2005

Agreed click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:55 03 Apr 2005

Best decision of your life.

G

jbp1982 11:06 03 Apr 2005

If this appears with the other one, appologies for double posting:

*smiles*

Bit pi***d off with wasting money on NIS tho, ach well fools and their money eh??

Thanks for your opinions.

JBP

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:20 03 Apr 2005

Norton's packages are effective and they have been going for yonks so they must be doing something right.....but I have lost count of the number of computers that I have taken Norton off because it was slowing them down. Not all of the computers were low spec neither.

I find that Norton tends to be too invasive and I feel that this is the cause of many slow downs in speed.

Most free AVs and firewalls use little resources and most importantly, are not invasive. As I have yawningly written many times before, no one has ever given a good reason why paid for AVs and firewalls are better than the free bunch (home computing only). IMHO it is better to save your money and buy a memory pen drive or a backup external drive.....these will be of much more use.

G

jbp1982 13:16 03 Apr 2005

As usual you are right, what you are saying makes lots of sense. I never really liked NIS from the word go but stuck by my purchase. Now the system is noticeably faster, don't think I'll ever put it back on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?