Advice for new printer please

Stroller 18:03 16 Feb 2006

I am looking for a new printer on behalf of a club I belong to.

We produce about 6 magazines a year, each about 10 to 14 pages (A4), which are printed on both sides, folded and stapled to make an A5 booklet, about 150 copies. (about 1500 to 2100 sheets per run).
There will also be a small amount of other literature produced as well.

Can any of you recomend a laserjet printer suitable for the above quantity.
I need to show a reasonable price and good running costs, good availability of consumables etc, and as some committee members will always have a moan about spending capital and not realise that spending £xxx on a printer will be easier for the production person, I may need to show comparisons of prices, so any links to review sites will be helpfull as well.

many thanks

Stroller

Gongoozler 18:10 16 Feb 2006

The printer I bought on behalf of our Scout Group is the Epson Acculaser C3000. It prints both colour and monochrome at the same high speed of 24ppm (and it really does). The only criticisms I have of it are that it stops to recalibrate itself every 30 prints (it appears that many printers do this but it is little publicised), and if paper is left in the tray overnight, the first page tends to jam. It is also quite noisy even when idling. Duplex printing comes as standard which is quite unusual in printers in this price range (about £550 including vat)

Gongoozler 18:11 16 Feb 2006

I forgot to include the link to teh supplier I bought it from click here

martjc 18:44 16 Feb 2006

...have a good deal on a Tally laser printer at present. They are good workhorses, printing at 600x600 dpi. And get the price! £58.74!! Yes, it's true!!!

spuds 19:22 16 Feb 2006

These sites contain some interesting facts click here click here click here < also use the AtoZ at side< click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?