Advice on my display

Some d00d 21:56 28 Jul 2004

Hi, I am currently running a system with a radeon 9200 256 mb ddr graphics card. I have a tft monitor hooked up to it and also a tv via the s-video connection. I am using the span desktop across both screens option, but on my tv the text is very blurred. Does anyone know if I can get it any clearer? And will this harm any of my equipment? I heard it might damage the tv. Thanks in advance. sd

Charence 23:38 28 Jul 2004

TVs generally have a VERY poor resolution so text will not display as good as monitor. I'm not sure if it will damage TV, it shouldn't. The only way to get it clearer is to decrease the resolution of image on TV. 640x480 may work.

One solution would be to buy a high resolution TV.

Charence

pmjd 23:38 28 Jul 2004

The problem is that TV's don't have the same resolution as the monitor, it's a lot lower. The desktop is split between the two but as they have different resolutions the TV looks blurred as it is trying to use the higher resolution of the monitor which the TV is not capable of.

Some d00d 08:28 29 Jul 2004

thanks for the advice. I was looking to buy a new monitor sometime soon anyway. The thing is the resolution on my tv is 1024x768 at the moment and the lowest it will go is 800x600.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?