Advice on Gaming Pc

jul 20:54 11 Jun 2007

Hi all im not after help with the actual building of the computer but need your input or advice.
Heres what I want to do.
Build a gaming Pc, what i want is advice on what motherboard to use. Oh I prefer AMD motherboards if possible, One that can if needed have dual graphics Cards, prefer nvidia but am open to your advice.As i know some boards out now will take nvidia or ATI in Sli
I have a Brand new 19in WS TFT monitor waiting.
I want to see what System I can build on a budget of between £500-£600 and its only the Comp I need have Keyboard and as said Monitor.
So all advice and input will help bigtime.

citadel 23:09 11 Jun 2007

abit fatality fp-1n9 sli 650i £75, a core2 duo, 2g ram, 8800gts 320 memory version. core 2 duo overclocks well. amd have nothing to compete till they bring out their new stuff and it has had a lot of delays.

jul 23:51 11 Jun 2007

Thanks for your reply, do you have any links so that i can take a look.
I want to make the best possible base for gaming and try to keep it to the budget this time.

A-Nonymous 12:57 12 Jun 2007

Core 2 DUO:
click here
Be aware thats nearly £200 of your £600 budget.

Cant really recommend RAM - dont know which type you would want to use. Crucial is a great supplier though.

keef66 13:31 12 Jun 2007

Buy an E4300 and overclock it; you can get one for just over £70 now.

Google for E4300 overclock and see which motherboards / memory / coolers are recommended.

I've read reports of overclocking from 1.8ghz to 3ghz using the stock Intel cooler.

I'd second Citadel's suggetion of an 8800gts 320mb graphics card; you won't need SLI.

Don't skimp on the power supply.

citadel 17:34 12 Jun 2007

scan.co.uk has all you need. do not forget to allow money for a top quality psu that is sli certified and has the 80% plus efficiency logo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?