advice on converting mps'3 to audio cd please

JEFoord 15:02 19 Oct 2003

hi
i am condsidering getting a cd writer for my pc.
msi cr52-a2 (as number 1 in pc advisor mag!), can anyone please tell me if i would be able to convert downloaded mp3's to an audio cd so that i can play them in my car stereo with the nero software bundled with this writer.
Also, would i need any additional software to convert .avi files onto vcd.
All advice would be very welcome.
Thankyou for taking the time to look at my query.

John

sdf 15:10 19 Oct 2003

you certainly would be able too. using either the software that comes bundled with the drive which would prob be Nero (my personal fav) or roxio or a number of others, alternativly many MP3 players like musicmatch, windows media player etc have built in writing capabilities

krypt1c 15:26 19 Oct 2003

I'm with sdf on preferring Nero to the others. Howver it's a matter of personal preference. Nero provides options to record mp3 to a CD in cda format and will convert avi to vcd. All you need to do is select the CD type you want ie audio or vcd, the select the relevant file(s). BTW once you've installed Nero you should check for updates at click here

holly polly 15:28 19 Oct 2003

hi gday ,you will certainly be able to burn downloaded mp3s to audio cd ,i too use the msi cd rw and it is a wonderfull writer ,the bundled software Nero will certainly do the job for you ,though im sure if its the same as mine its nero 5 ,but still aptley capable ,using and naigating round nero can be daunting so use nero express or use the wizard ,also i personally do not burn mp3s to cd if the bitrate is less than 128 kb as the quality is substandard -have fun -hol pol...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?