Advice On A Computer to Hi Fi Matter Help Needed.

Big L 266 23:03 07 Feb 2009

Hello.I've finally settled on a brand new Dell Studio computer with Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit with an Intel Core 2 Duo card. At the time of purchase,and at my request,Dell put in a Creative SoundBlaster PCI Express X-Fi Xtreme Audio product with which to play my music with.I did use the option given by Creative to download their free Dolby DVD,but which,sadly,is of no use to me.

I currently feed my music from the computer to my hifi system consisting of an Arcam CX amp,with Mission Tower speakers bought in 1995.Although it sounds really great,the absence of Dolby is somewhat noticeable after fine-tuning the Creative.

On page 30 of the PC Advisor March 2009 edition is a Cambridge Audio DacMagic which might come to the rescue. I've been reading the review and believe this product may well save the day.

I'm not too knowledgable about this kind of product,nor the relationship between my computer and hi fi,but,based on what I've already outlined above,do you believe this is a worthy product to bridge the gap and why?

I do thank you once again for your help and advice in my quest for outstanding music reproduction.

ambra4 01:44 08 Feb 2009

Cambridge Audio DACMAGIC Black (DAC only)

click here

Cambridge Audio DacMagic review

click here

You can download pdf information on Cambridge Audio DacMagic

click here

click here|countryGB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone