Advice on buying a new laptop?

Chekereis 21:29 17 Jun 2017

Hi, I am looking to buy a new laptop and I am interested in one but I'm not sure about the specs. Would you consider this laptop to be able to handle games on Low/medium and be able to run browser games without a struggle? It is as a gift for a youngster and they play browser games and a few bigger games such as sims etc.

Operating System:

Windows 8.1 64-bit

CPU:

Intel Core i5 3210M @ 2.50GHz

RAM:

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3

Motherboard:

LENOVO INVALID (U3E1)

Graphics:

Generic PnP Monitor ([email protected])

Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Lenovo)

1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M (Lenovo)

Storage:

120GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO (SSD)

1TB Seagate ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB (SATA) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If anyone could lend some advice or opinions on the laptop it would really help me out, thank you and have a good day :)

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires