with wannadoo broadband,is this just an option
as i want to continue to use tiscali dialup
for now and if i buy a dell do i have to state
i dont want the wannadoo broadband.

mgmcc 20:37 16 Jul 2005

<<<is this just an option>>>

Yes

<<<do i have to state i dont want the wannadoo broadband>>>

No. In any case, Wanadoo broadband would have to be set up as an ADSL connection on your phone line, the PC "out-of-the-box" couldn't automatically provide you with a broadband service.

Wuggy 00:31 17 Jul 2005

There's usually an option to upgrade from a 56K fax/modem to a voice/fax/modem. Stick with the basic one. It's made by Conexant and is a good modem. BTW if when configuring your chosen model you get an option (as you should) to upgrade to a Logitech X700 Cordless Keyboard and mouse - take it. You are charged £50.35 extra but because you don't take the Dell models you are rebated £35.25 effectively costing you only £15.28 for a top of the range keboard (with lots of time saving shortcut buttons) and a rechargeable optical mouse. Well worth the money. Just got one on Wednesday with my new Dell 5100. Delighted with the whole deal and set up.

Strawballs 00:38 17 Jul 2005

I just got a HP laptop which came with wannado broadband I just left the disc in the box and carried on using NTL but as it is connected through wireless network I didn't have to install the ISP software.

peter t. 15:48 18 Jul 2005

My Dell 5100 came with 5 preloaded ISP's. Only problem I had was that on start-up the AOL Scheduler was firing up and slowing down the start up process,after I uninstalled AOL it was fine.

Time Watch 20:03 20 Jul 2005

Thanks for replys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?