Advice

Ritchbee 22:26 02 Jan 2007

Hi and a Happy New year,

I installed a new PSU unit (500w), Graphics card (Radeon 1600pro AGP) and memory (1GB) without any problems the other day.

It has a memory setting of 200mhz (not sure that that means).

PC booted up fine and ran ok.

Tonight however when I booted my PC up it said that my CPU was only 1500 (its an Athlon XP 2700). The other messages were (checksum error) and CPU over heat ?.

I went into the Bios and changed a few settings and that seems to have worked. (fan speed)

Is there anything I can use/do to see that my PC's settings are correct and everything is running properly.

Many thanks

woodchip 22:30 02 Jan 2007

Not sure on your Athlon if it's a Barton or Thunderbird. You need to check the Frequency that CPU is working at. For Thunderbird it will be set as a 133 for the Barton it will be a bit higher. Try it at 133 in the BIOS

Strawballs 22:31 02 Jan 2007

I don't know about what you are asking for but have you tried taking the heatsink fan off and cleaning out the dust from it, I did this to my daughters the other day and was amased at how much dust there was packed in there.

woodchip 22:34 02 Jan 2007

A barton should run at 166

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?