Adverts on Websites & Setting up Website Co.

gplatt2000 13:04 29 Jul 2003

Hi there, I have a couple of quick questions. Sorry if they are in the wrong section, I wasnt sure where to out them. Firt question is, does anyone KNOW roughly how much big companys pay to advertise on a big, popular website per month? And also, one of my friends is toying with the idea of staring a SMALL web design company - to do this do oyou need any special liscences like you would to start up a shop? Thanks a lot in advance, Gavin

DieSse 15:12 29 Jul 2003

You need no special licenses to start a web design company.

To find advertising rates, simply go to a few popular sites, and email their advertising manager - you'll probably get a fast reply if they're any good.

Or simply look at the web site - for instance the Daily telegraph has this page click here;$sessionid$EPP3OP0DP3URXQFIQMFCFGGAVCBQYIV0?menuId=2317&menuItemId=-1&view=DISPLAYCONTENT&grid=P8

DieSse 15:14 29 Jul 2003

Sorry about the mess of a link - just go there anyway, and click on Commercial Information at the bottom of the page.

gplatt2000 16:58 29 Jul 2003

Hi, thanksa lot for yuor help. So if my friend decided to start a web design company he could just start straight away without any hassle? I have sent an email to some companys regarding advertising, but Im not sre if they will take me seriously! Thanks a lot, Gavin

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:59 29 Jul 2003

Advertising rates are at an all time low for websites. There are too many sites and not enough advertisers. The general economy is somewaht shot at with a lot of fiscal uncertainty. If he wants to make money in this way he will not succeed.

G

DieSse 18:00 29 Jul 2003

"he could just start straight away without any hassle"

Basically yes - don't forget the VAT, Tax and National Insurance implications though - any formal work for companies, may need proper VAT receipts - even if you're exempt up to a certain amount of turnover.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

14 best picture books for children

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017