Advertising your web site

IClaudio 13:05 20 Feb 2004

Ideas, please!

I knocked up a quick site to advertise my flat to let (and thanks, I've had a positive response!): I included the address (of the site) in the ad in the local paper, as well as mentioned it on the local Town Forum (naturally, with the permission of the FE, the local one, that is!).

We all know the ways to get surfers to visit, but what strategies do you have for less internet-savvy users to get interested in your sites?

Tony

Talented Monkey 13:39 20 Feb 2004

Here are a few cheap ways of promoting your website in the real world:

Postcard adverts in shop windows.
Shouldn’t be too hard to find a large number of shops and supermarkets where you can display a postcard for a few weeks for a small fee. Key to this is bright bold lettering using up most of the card with the website address, make it stand out.

Turn your car into and advert:
Some people paint the website address all over their vehicle, pretty much ok for a old banger, but if you don’t want to mess up your paintwork on your nice 25k Alfa Romeo, BMW or Mercs, then another solution will be to display it in your rear window. Simply print out your website addy on transparent sheeting, and attach inside your window using some washing up liquid lightly smeared to stick it on to the window. Thanks once again to Penny who suggested this method over my more expensive one!

Stationary and business cards
Print the address on any stationary you use and a load of business cards, the more you hand out or send the more will see it.

. Some people can get very creative in advertising but these 3 methods are simple, sound and relatively quick and easy to put into practice.

IClaudio 15:30 20 Feb 2004

I like the sticker idea, I'll give it a go...

Just thought of: a banner trailed from a plane, that would be classy :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?