Advertising Code?

swanny2 17:00 28 Apr 2009

Hi
My wifes on a Laptooop Vista,now shes not all that clued up on Pc,s bit like Myself.She was on yahoo main page she said,and something popped up,it was a free scan for security for your pc.
Now she has antivirus AVG8.00,on her laptop,when it scanned her pc it said as they all do you have 500 items need sorting.
She then clicked on the part where it said we can do this for free,an when she did its asking her too pay so many Dollars,i have warnned her about downloading stuff an free scannns but anyway its done now.
Later she went too her facebook an it wont allow her in a pop up on the top line says
THIS PAGE IS INFECTED BY MALICIOUS ADVERTISING CODE???
Ive no idea hence me askin you all for help,my son went on his egg acco*!@: and the same message poppedup,it lets her go on most pages,i havent try yet.. Any ideas pleased as i dont want her laptop infected. cheers

ambra4 17:20 28 Apr 2009

Download, Install, Update, and scan the laptop with the following programs

SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition

click here

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

click here

ambra4 17:25 28 Apr 2009

You should also install SpywareBlaster and keep it updated

click here

swanny2 17:31 28 Apr 2009

Cheers my wifes got Superanti weve just doone a quick scan and it found a few things,im in the process of downloading Malware and spyblaster right now,thanks
Will these when the scans done fix the Problem?

thanks again will report back asap.
cheers :O)

swanny2 18:02 28 Apr 2009

When i clicked on one of the Links for Malwarebytes,when i was installing a pop up said this is Potentially Dangerous do you wish too carry on.I googled for Malware again and installed one that was further down the google list.

It is now running a full scan .
thanks ,if im not here when its finished as i have too go watch Chelsea win after :O) I will report asap .
cheers

oldbeefer2 13:33 29 Apr 2009

Ha Ha!

swanny2 13:55 29 Apr 2009

Thanks that download of Malware seems too have got the Laptop Back on Track, thanks for the Help
cheers Swanny :O)

Sea Urchin 20:53 29 Apr 2009

You didn't need to Google for Malwarebytes - as ambra4 gave you the link to use.

ambra4 21:55 29 Apr 2009

Glad to hear all is well again

Enjoy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?